QOTD: How are you leveraging AI at work and at home?

AI can be used in so many ways to help you increase efficiency, generate ideas and gather information. I recently used it to help me brainstorm a list of birthday gift ideas for my husband (shhh - he doesn’t know that!). We would love to hear how you are using AI in your work and home life.

2 Likes

I have used the “rewrite with AI” function on things I have written to try to expand and explore different ways to say the same thing with a different tone and/or style!

2 Likes

At work - It’s been extremely helpful in summarizing technical topics for me. I’m a non-technical team member who just needs the context, not the details.

At home - The Google Photos AI is so useful. I was somewhere and needed my license plate info … I have no idea what this is, but I searched my photos for a picture of a car and then scanned until I found one that included the license plate :boom:

3 Likes

I love using AI for summarizing technical topics too! It’s great for getting the TL;DR on things.

2 Likes

I’ve found that LLMs are really good at taking unstructured data and applying structure to it. For example, if I have a list of things, and I need it in table form, I can typically paste it into Claude or ChatGPT and ask it to create a table of those things. Additionally for subjective things or that don’t require a ton of precision, you can just ask it to add a column and it “magically” fills out a reasonable estimate of the value of that column, for example, the difficulty of implementing a certain tool relative to other tools.

On top of that, AI-powered search is really powerful when you just need a single answer to a question, since it can condense and summarize results. By having it search for and summarize results, you can see the data source that it’s pulling from, and it prevents hallucinations and false data. My go-to for this is Perplexity (https://perplexity.ai), they have a pretty quick search engine that can use either their in-house models or (with Pro) other popular LLMs to summarize results. I’ve got Perplexity’s voice search mapped to the Action button on my iPhone 15 Pro, which lets me get quick answers to things (sorry Siri).

3 Likes