Could Someone Give me Advice for Optimizing macOS VMs for CI/CD Pipelines?

Hello there,

I am reaching out to the community for advice on scaling MacStadium infrastructure to meet our growing development needs. Our team has been using MacStadium’s services for a while now; and we are quite happy with the performance and flexibility offered.

We currently use a combination of Mac minis and Mac Pros for various tasks, including CI/CD pipelines; automated testing; and occasional manual testing. As our user base grows and the complexity of our applications increases; we are finding that we need more powerful and scalable solutions.

What’s the best approach for allocating resources when scaling up? Should we consider upgrading our existing hardware, or would it be more efficient to add new machines or services?

How can we better automate the management of our MacStadium infrastructure to handle increased load and ensure optimal performance? Are there specific tools or practices that you would recommend?

As we scale; we are also concerned about managing costs effectively. Any tips on optimizing our usage to balance performance with budget constraints?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://www.macstadium.com/blog/simple-optimizations-for-macos-and-ios-build-agents-ccsp/ which definitely helped me out a lot

Are there any best practices or common pitfalls we should be aware of when scaling our MacStadium infrastructure?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.